Over the ALCoE award period, we will implement two grant programs. The first Request for Proposals (RFP 1) will fund up to 12 projects at $500,00 for three years. The second Request for Proposals (RFP 2) will fund up to 10 small projects for exploratory research at $150,000 each.
All proposals must focus on science, technology, and monitoring in the following disciplines from the RESTORE Act regulations (subpart H, section §34.704) shown below:
- Coastal and deltaic sustainability, restoration and protection, including solutions and technology that allow citizens to live in a safe and sustainable manner in a coastal delta in the Gulf Coast Region;
- Coastal fisheries and wildlife ecosystem research and monitoring in the Gulf Coast Region;
- Offshore energy development, including research and technology to improve the sustainable and safe development of energy resources in the Gulf of Mexico;
- Sustainable and resilient growth, economic and commercial development in the Gulf of Mexico; and
- Comprehensive observation, monitoring, and mapping of the Gulf of Mexico.